Strategic Writing Fundamentals Course equips you with the basics of strategic writing. Strategic Writing emphasizes goal-oriented/objective high-quality writing with clear, concise, and accurate information for the reader. You learn how to make every word count, be clear about what every word means, and eliminate words or phrases that do not enhance your message.
Aim: To equip you with the necessary skills to become a strategic writer.
Duration: 8 Weeks
Mode of Study: Hybrid Learning (Self-paced online and home study, weekly virtual classes)
Though our courses are about imparting knowledge and skills, not academic/theoretical approach to writing, there will be self-assessment quizzes and a written assignment submitted to your tutor. The tutor-submitted assignment is designed to give you an opportunity to apply the lessons and techniques learnt.
- Self-assessment quizzes: Some modules will have quizzes for you to assess yourself. Once you do the quiz, you will see your score out of 100%. However, the final score at the end of the course will be the average of all quizzes. Together, these quizzes will comprise 60% of your final grade.
- Tutor-marked Assignment: Your assignment will be marked and returned to you with tutor feedback. You will be expected to write a report using the BLUF format, which will make 40% of your final grade.
We will award you a certificate on successful completion of the course; however, the certification is not really important if you do not acquire fundamental skills in strategic writing.
What Will You Learn?
- The equipment you need as a writer, how to become a strategic writer, grammar in strategic writing, and the craft of strategic writing.
- The eight (8) stages of strategic writing.
- The strategic writing techniques.
- Skills on strategic email writing.
- The creative writing skills in strategic writing.
- How to write correspondence, reports, and documents for your target audience to act on.
Module 1 – Introduction
Lesson 1 – Introduction to Strategic Writing00:00
Lesson 2 – Getting Started00:00
Lesson 3 – The Basic Equipment & Software You Require00:00