Introduction to Creative Writing
About CourseThe Introduction to Creative Writing course introduces you to the basics of creative writing. You learn about what you need to get started off as a writer, the equipment you need, and the qualities you need to have as a writer, and grammar.
Aim: To equip you with the necessary skills to become a professional writer.
Duration: 4 Weeks.
Mode of Study: Self-paced online study.
Evaluation: There will be a self-assessment quizzes to gauge your understanding of what it means to be a creative writer and a final grammar test.
Grading: The quizzes are scored out of 100. Pass mark is 80%.
Certification: We will award you a certificate on successful completion of the course, but the certificate is not really important if you do not acquire the skills necessary to become a professional writer.
What Will I Learn?
- The equipment you need as a writer.
- How to become a professional writer.
- Your writing target audience analysis (who to write for).
- What to write for your selected target audience.
- When and where to write from (setting up your writing spot).
- How and why to write.
- How to overcome the writer’s block.
- Qualities you need to be a professional writer.
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- How to develop your author’s voice.